What Is Brand Marketing And How To Create It – A Complete Beginners Guide
When it comes to promoting your products or services, marketing is really important. But when it comes to creating a brand recognition or brand image, you need brand marketing. And for this, you first need to know, What is a brand? And we all know the answer.
Now is the time to know about brand marketing and some basic things about it before you start. First, you need to know what brand marketing is and the basic differences between branding and marketing. Make sure that you are not mixing the concept of branding and marketing altogether.
What Is Brand Marketing?
Brand marketing is considered as a particular approach to creating a brand name along with a design. In order to differentiate your product from other brands and products, brand marketing also includes clear communication establishment and performing marketing activities.
What Is The Difference Between Branding And Marketing?
Though here we are discussing brand marketing, there are some factors that differentiate between branding and marketing. The two questions arise here. They are, What is branding? And What is marketing? And Most of us know a little about marketing, and that is promoting your product or services.
On the other hand, branding is all about shaping your brand and who you actually are. It is true that both of them require strategies for different goals and outcomes. Here are those differences,
- For getting the attention of customers, you need to consider marketing. While branding is about keeping their attention.
- Marketing is for driving sales, and branding is for driving loyalty and recognition.
- Many marketing strategies can come and go, but branding is forever.
- Just the way branding affects your customers, and it also affects your team.
What Does A Brand Marketing Team Do?
The tasks that are given to a brand marketing team are different from normal marketing teams. They know the art of branding really well. And this is the reason why a brand manager needs to have some special and particular skills. Here are the responsibilities that a brand manager and his team have to do.
- Developing brand strategy, which eventually includes brand guidelines, style guides, brand vision, and lastly, value proposition. All these need to be considered both for the short term and long term.
- This team also needs to plan and execute all media actions and communication across all channels. This also should include online and social media platforms.
- Along with developing new business opportunities, this team needs to assist product development, product pricing, and, lastly, new product launches.
- In order to establish and also maintain the product branding, they also require to develop and manage promotional collateral.
- Handling the budget for promotional items and advertising.
- Analyzing customer and competitor insight.
- Lastly, analyzing the sales report along with relevant financials to report product sales.
All the above-mentioned responsibilities are handled by the brand manager and his or her team. But this is not all. Brand marketing is a huge responsibility. So do not think that these are all that you need to take care of. There will be more to come.
Types Of Brand Marketing
There are several types of brand marketing, which are suitable for different aspects. Here are the 11 most useful and multi-aspect branding apart from aesthetic brand marketing.
- Corporate Branding
- Personal Branding
- Geographical Branding
- Product Branding
- Offline Branding
- Online Branding
- Service Branding
- Activist Branding
- Ingredient Branding
- “No-brand” Branding
Also Read: How to Build a Brand on Social Media
How To Create Effective Brand Marketing Strategies
The brand development definition is not known to all. Though most of us are connected with marketing, there are some specific ways of executing brand marketing. And in case you are a beginner, here are some brand marketing strategies that you can consider.
But before you start with the core process of branding, you need to ask some questions yourself. They are
- What is the initial mission of your brand?
- What are the main features that you have which make you different?
- Who are actually your customers?
- What do your customers think about your brand now?
- What are the main things you want to associate your customers with your brand?
Once you are done with evaluating all these things, you can now start with the four below-mentioned strategies.
1. Establish Your Company Vision
It is really important for developing an image and establishing the vision that your brand or company has. So, the first thing that you need to do here is making a list of all the characteristics or features that your brand is wanting to be known for. Now develop a strategy that will represent them in front of your customer through various marketing channels.
2. Identify The Target Audience
Any kind of marketing strategy or branding strategy will go in vain if you fail to identify your target audiences properly. When we are saying you to identify your audiences, it is not only by demographics. You need to go beyond it and dig deeper. Here you need to identify your target audience and work to define their psychographics.
3. Maintain Consistency
Consistency is something that you can not compromise at any cost while you are considering brand marketing. Here, you have to come up with a recognizable name, logo, its color, along with a special style of communication for your customer. In order to create and maintain a reliable brand image, consistency plays a huge role.
4. Develop Real Emotions
It is too mandatory to develop an emotion with your customers. Work for customer satisfaction and offer the best service that you can. So, it will be best to create marketing campaigns that will promote emotions. In Order to taste success and establish brand loyalty, it is very much important to create emotional responses.
The importance that your brand marketing holds for bringing success to your brand is simply unignorable. But you need to make sure that you are doing this the right way. Otherwise, you will end up with nothing despite putting in a lot of effort and giving immense time. And now, as you get the basic ideas, that are enough to start your branding tasks. And the rest, you will learn yourself with the experiences that you will gather.
You May Also Like: