[Updated]Top 94 SEO Statistics Marketers Can’t Afford To Miss
Google is constantly upgrading its algorithm. This is where SEOs feel insecure. So, you must stay updated with the latest SEO facts, stats, and forecasts to stay above the curve.
To empower SEOs with a proven roadmap, we have crafted this article. Here, we will be discussing the top 94 SEO statics of recent times.
Moreover, we have segregated the SEO statistics into the 11 categories:
So, let’s begin!
Table Of Content
General SEO Statistics
- 68% of online journeys begin with a search engine. (Source: BrightEdge)
- Only 0.63% of Google searchers click on results beyond the first page. (Source: Backlinko)
- A whopping 53.3% of website traffic originates from organic search. (Source: BrightEdge)
- Global traffic mainly flows from Google Search, Google Images, and Google Maps, accounting for 92.96%. (Source: SparkToro)
- SEO drives over 1,000% more traffic compared to organic social media. (Source: BrightEdge)
- Approximately 60% of marketers rate inbound strategies (like SEO and blog content) as their top source of high-quality leads. (Source: HubSpot)
- SEO leads boast a remarkable 14.6% close rate. (Source: HubSpot)
- 2022 search traffic rose for Electronics, Beauty, Media, and Food but dropped for Service Technology and Fashion (Semrush, 2023).
Rankings And Clicks SEO Statistics
- Organic search is the top traffic source for all websites. (HubSpot, 2022)
- The top spot on Google’s first page gets a 39.8% click-through rate (CTR). (First Page Sage, 2023)
- Nearly 69% of clicks go to the top three organic results. (First Page Sage, 2023)
- Snippets have a high 42.9% CTR. (First Page Sage, 2023)
- The top organic result gets 19 times more clicks than the top paid result. (First Page Sage, 2023)
- All clicks from positions three to ten are fewer than the top organic result. (First Page Sage, 2023)
- The first organic result is 10 times more likely to get clicked than the #10 spot. (Backlinko, 2023)
- In 2022, about 28% more new domains ranked in SERPs compared to 2021, but more than in 2020. (Semrush, 2023)
B2B SEO Statistics
- B2B companies earn double the revenue from organic search than any other source. (BrightEdge, 2019)
- B2B buyers spend 27% of their buying journey researching online. (Gartner, 2019)
- SEO ranks third in implemented B2B marketing tactics, after social media and email marketing. (Sagefrog, 2022)
- Website traffic is the primary metric for tracking B2B content performance. (CMI, 2023)
- Boosting content relevance and engagement can yield a 5-10% B2B revenue increase. (McKinsey, 2022)
- 8 in 10 B2B buyers prefer initiating contact with vendors. (Google, 2022)
- 94% of B2B buyers are well-informed before reaching out to sales reps. (Google, 2022)
- 81% of B2B buyers favour watching videos for product info. (Brightcove, 2022)
- 57% of B2B sellers find marketing content “generic and unresponsive.” (McKinsey, 2022)
Ranking Insights SEO Statistics
- Shockingly, 90.63% of web pages receive no organic search traffic from Google. (Source: Ahrefs)
- The top-ranking page secures the lion’s share of search traffic only 49% of the time. (Source: Ahrefs)
- A mere 5.7% of pages hit the top 10 search results within a year of publishing. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Surprisingly, 7.4% of top-ranking pages lack title tags. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Google rewrites title tags approximately 33.4% of the time. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Google now has a 33% higher likelihood of rewriting title tags. (Source: Ahrefs)
- When Google doesn’t use the title tag, it resorts to the H1 tag in 50.76% of cases. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Google is 57% more prone to rewriting lengthy title tags. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Notably, 25.02% of top-ranking pages skip meta descriptions. (Source: Ahrefs)
- About 40.61% of pages feature truncated meta descriptions. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Google displays meta descriptions in search results just 37.22% of the time, varying by keyword type. (Source: Ahrefs)
- On average, top-ranking pages rank in the top 10 for nearly 1,000 related keywords. (Source: Ahrefs)
- The typical top-ranking page is at least 2 years old. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Only 33% of websites meet the Core Web Vitals threshold. (Source: Ahrefs).
- Google emphasizes backlinks as a top-three ranking factor. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Remarkably, 66.31% of pages have no backlinks at all. (Source: Ahrefs)
- More backlinks correlate with more organic traffic from Google. (Source: Ahrefs)
- The average cost of purchasing a link is $361.44. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Publishing a paid guest post costs around $77.80 on average. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Impressively, 73.6% of domains engage in reciprocal linking. (Source: Ahrefs)
- 43.7% of top-ranking pages feature reciprocal links. (Source: Ahrefs)
- Surprisingly, 66.5% of links to websites in the past nine years are dead. (Source: Ahrefs)
- About 10.6% of backlinks to the top 110,000 sites are nofollow. (Source: Ahrefs)
- A minimal 0.44% use “rel=ugc,” and only 0.01% use “rel=sponsored.” (Source: Ahrefs)
- 94.74% of keywords get ≤10 monthly searches.
- A tiny 0.0008% get ≥100,000 monthly searches.
- Around 8% of searches are questions.
- 15% of Google searches are entirely new.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner overestimates 91.45% of search volumes.
- It’s right about 45.22% of the time and wrong 54.28% of the time.
- About 46.08% of clicks in Google Search Console go to hidden terms.
Wondering About SEO Costs? Check These Out:
- 8.2% of SEOs use monthly retainers.
- $501–$1,000/month is the common monthly price.
- For hourly rates, it’s $75–$100/hour.
- Per-project pricing often ranges from $2,501 to $5,000.
- Less than 1 in 10 SEOs charge over $150/hour.
- Agencies and consultants charge more than freelancers.
- Rates vary: $73.05 (2 years or less), $97.11 (2–4 years), $102.03 (5–10 years), $118.35 (10+ years).
- Locally, the average rate is $93.89/hour; globally, it’s $106.69/hour.
- U.S.-based SEO pros earn an average of $60,548 annually.
Interested In Search Engines? These SEO Stats Might Help:
- 12.29% of searches have featured snippets.
- The top result in Google’s organic search is a 27.6% click-through rate.
- The top three results grab 54.4% of clicks.
- Google handles around 3.5 billion daily searches.
- Relevant searches influence 39% of purchases.
- 61.5% of desktop and 34.4% of mobile searches result in no clicks.
- Google dominates with an 83% global search market share.
Local SEO Statistics Matters, Too. Here’s Why
- 30% of mobile searches are location-based.
- 76% of smartphone searches lead to a business visit within a day.
- 28% of local searches end in a purchase.
- Yelp appears in 92% of Google web queries with city and business info.
- 54% of smartphone users search for business hours, and 53% seek directions.
- Nearly 45% of global shoppers buy online and pick up in-store.
- Mobile queries like “where to buy” + “near me” have surged over 200%.
Video SEO Statistics Are Worth Considering
- More comments, views, shares, and likes correlate with higher YouTube rankings.
- 68.2% of first-page YouTube results are HD videos.
- The average first-page YouTube video is 14 minutes and 50 seconds long.
Mobile SEO Is Vital In The Mobile Era
- 58.99% of global web traffic comes from mobile devices.
- By 2025, 72.6% will access the web solely via smartphones.
- Mobile searches exceed desktop searches.
- 51% of smartphone users find new products through mobile searches.
- Local mobile searches lead to 18% same-day purchases vs. 7% non-local.
- Mobile #1 ranking gets 6.74% clicks; desktop gets 8.17%.
Voice Search Facts For You
- 40.7% of voice search answers come from featured snippets.
- Average voice search results are just 29 words long.
- Roughly 75% of voice results rank in the top three.
- Most voice results are at a ninth-grade reading level.
- Strong link authority boosts voice search rankings with a Domain Rating of 76.8.
- 48% of consumers use voice for general web searches.
By now, you have a good idea of these top 94 SEO statistics. However, knowing the statistics is just the first step.
So, how can you make the most of this article?
The answer is simple – implementation.
Specifically, these statistics indicate what’s working and what’s not. Smart SEOs will align their efforts with these statistics.
Are you in need of SEO services?
BloggerOutreach is a leading SEO agency with a robust portfolio of clients across the globe.
If you want to know how we actually work, check out our recent SEO success story. (case study).