7 Steps On How To Use Guest Blogging Platforms
The basic idea of how to use guest blogging platforms is necessary for any business serious about being successful online. For most brands who are trying to look at innovative digital marketing solutions, guest blogging is a worthy strategy.
Guest Blogging is a digital marketing strategy that helps establish relationships with industry authority bloggers. It is a practice of reaching out to bloggers and asking them to publish your content on their website.
This is done with the intention of-
- Improving the exposure for your brand.
- Getting traffic redirected from the blogger’s website to your website.
- Securing the coveted ‘quality backlinks’ from the blogger.
- Increasing the brand’s credibility and authenticity.
- Directly contributing to sales and revenue generation.
- Climbing search engine rankings and aiming for the first page of search results.
Guest blogging offers unlimited scope and digital marketing opportunities for brands. In addition to social media marketing, guest blogging is emerging as one of the best forms of digital promotions.
The terms ‘guest blogging’ and ‘guest posting’ are often used interchangeably in the industry. Both mean the same thing. Right from what they are to how they are executed, guest blogging and guest posting are the same!
However, it is not an easy strategy to master. Even though most brands know the benefits attached to guest blogging, few have the wherewithal to execute it.
In this article, we will educate brands on how to use guest blogging platforms for themselves.
Table Of Content
- 1 Meaning and Advantages of Guest Blogging Platforms
- 2 Guest Blogging Problems and Mistakes in 2019
- 3 How to Use Guest Blogging Platforms: The List
- 3.1 1. Educate yourself with Guest Posting and Blogger Outreach Services:
- 3.2 2. Sign Up On Platforms via Gmail or Facebook:
- 3.3 3. Identify Websites and Bloggers in your Industry Niche:
- 3.4 4. Choose the service that you want, including the add-on services:
- 3.5 5. Review the Order and Proceed to Checkout:
- 3.6 6. Ensure that the Guest Blogging Platform does not work with PBNs or Link Directories:
- 3.7 7. Guest Blog with Google’s Quality Guidelines in mind:
- 4 Conclusion:
Meaning and Advantages of Guest Blogging Platforms
Guest Blogging Platforms are Ecommerce Platforms where brands can directly engage with Publishers. This means brands have the option to choose which publisher they would want to work with after verifying-
- The price that the publisher is asking for.
- The metrics and health of the publisher’s website (DA, DR, Alexa Rank. Google Index Rank, etc.)
- What would be the terms of the arrangement (Number of links, social media sharing, newsletter mailing, etc.)
- Paying securely and placing orders just like an Ecommerce platform.
- Receiving the order in the form of a URL with their sponsored content.
- Getting full refunds from the guest blogging platform in case of any miscommunications.
In the last couple of years, Guest Blogging Platforms have emerged as viable alternatives for brands. From Guest Posting to Blogger Outreach Services, these sponsored content platforms offer all solutions.
Brands who are looking to take help for content writing can also place orders for that. They are sure to get the best quality articles at the most affordable price points.
Guest Blogging Problems and Mistakes in 2019
If brands want to pursue a guest blogging strategy, they contact digital agencies that offer such expertise. These digital agencies often maintain a database of publishers, which accept guest posts.
While digital agencies take care to ensure that guest posting is done in industry-relevant sites, others simply do not care. As most clients are not well versed with guest blogging or blogger outreach services, agencies take them for a ride.
I have often seen an Insurance Company’s link on a Cooking website! On the other hand, a fashion brand’s link on a gaming website. The lack of digital education and awareness is rampant.
However, this practice is highly problematic for a number of reasons.
Firstly, brands end up paying extra fees or commissions to agencies that negotiate with bloggers on their behalf.
Secondly, as brands do not have a lot of knowledge, they fail to track the benefits that come from the strategy.
Thirdly, agencies do not do their due diligence when it comes to implementing the best practices of guest blogging.
Fourthly, brands have no independence to select the blogger or website. They also have no decision powers to check the credibility of bloggers they are working with.
Fifthly, the entire process becomes shrouded in mystery. This is because agencies are never willing to divulge actual prices commanded by bloggers.
In order to help brands not be manipulated by digital agencies and link resellers, guest blogging platforms emerged. In the next section, we will look at what are guest blogging platforms. We will also look at some benefits of guest blogging platforms.
How to Use Guest Blogging Platforms: The List
1. Educate yourself with Guest Posting and Blogger Outreach Services:
If you want to excel in innovative digital strategies, you need to know a little about them. This means knowing the basics of guest blogging and blogger outreach services. If you are looking to work on Sponsored Ecommerce platforms, educating yourself is a great start.
You need to know some basics like-
- You should only guest post and blog outreach on your industry-related sites.
- These sites should have high metrics like DA over 30+, DR of over 40+ and so on.
- You should check to see what the website is all about and how your content will be placed.
- It is important that you try to work with different websites when it comes to link building.
- The way content is written and pushed as sponsored content is also something, which you should pay attention to.
Being aware of the basics will help you not get fooled or manipulated by agencies and platforms.
2. Sign Up On Platforms via Gmail or Facebook:
The process of signing up on a guest blogging platform as an advertiser is relatively easy. You can Sign Up through your official Gmail id or Facebook login.
Following this, you will need to fill in certain information about yourself and your brand. This is important as most sponsored content platforms work only with authentic brands. As they try to avoid working with individual link resellers and agents.
This helps them maintain a level of authenticity on the platform. This also helps them keep unwanted spammers away. The best-sponsored content platforms offer Private Login to their Clients.
This means that you need to go through a verification process before getting access to the marketplace. If any platform is doing this, you can rest assured of their professionalism and conduct.
3. Identify Websites and Bloggers in your Industry Niche:
The basics of guest blogging and blogger outreach services dictate that you work with related industry websites. This means that you need to only place content on sites that are related to your industry.
For example, if you are a manufacturer of ‘Furniture’, you need to ensure that you publish on categories like-
- Home Décor
- Interior Design
- Art, Craft and Design Magazines
- Home and Family
According to Google, the purpose of content should appeal to the users. That is the primary intention. Leaving aside Google, placing content on such categories can lead to people coming to your website.
If you put emphasis on the content, you can even try to sell your products through guest posting. At the end of the day, it all depends on the quality of your content.
Some of the best brands use guest posting and blogger outreach to sell thousands of products. They generate millions in revenues, just from one properly strategized sponsored content.
4. Choose the service that you want, including the add-on services:
If you are familiar with any Ecommerce buying, you will have no problems with sponsored platforms.
All you need to do is go the publisher of your choice, select the service including the add-ons. This would include-
- Article writing- If you do not have an article yourself, you can ask the platform to compile one for you. You can also ask the platform to modify or adjust the article. The best websites have strict quality guidelines.
- Social Media Sharing- Bloggers and websites command significant followers on social. Some bloggers charge a small fee for sharing your content on their social media. This is highly advantageous and guarantees better exposure and returns.
- Email Marketing– Like social media followers, great websites maintain a huge database of their visitors. Imagine if your content is shared with over 10,000 people. Can you imagine the possibilities in terms of your business?
Paying attention to the add-on services will help you plan a comprehensive strategy.
5. Review the Order and Proceed to Checkout:
If you are someone who is just starting out with guest blogging platforms, I suggest you double-check everything. The best platforms condense information in a beautiful and friendly manner.
You just need to see if you are placing an order on the right website, the add-ons that you have ticked off, and the delivery date. Not all websites will have the same delivery period. While some might take three days, others might need until a week.
You should not be worried about this. The responsibility for ensuring delivery lies with the platform itself. It is like holding Amazon responsible for late delivery!
Once you have reviewed the order, you should proceed to the checkout section. Here you need to pay through PayPal or Wire the transfer amount. You have complete peace of mind when you know that platforms refund the amount, in case nothing is to your liking.
6. Ensure that the Guest Blogging Platform does not work with PBNs or Link Directories:
Private Blog Networks or PBNs are unsafe sites that most agencies and link resellers use. They are highly dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. If your website links land upon such sites, Google can take strict action against you.
Whenever you sign up on a guest blogging platform, please ensure that they have no such sites. You can mail the admin and get an idea about the idea. You can also ask them for a list of good websites that you can work with.
In my experience, in order to attract the best advertisers, platforms ensure that they do not work with such sites. Their primary intention is maintaining the quality of publishers on the platform. Better websites automatically translate into better advertisers/clients.
This is a major benefit of working on guest blogging platforms. Once you analyze the website, you will yourself come to know about the quality.
7. Guest Blog with Google’s Quality Guidelines in mind:
The best guest blogging platforms work within Google’s quality guidelines. This means they work with intentions other than link building. If you are getting high-quality backlinks, it is a bonus.
However, the primary purpose of such sponsored content platforms is something different-
- Guest blogging done through platforms prioritizes the flow of website traffic.
- It aims to provide opportunities to run lead generation and sales conversion campaigns.
- Platforms help in establishing credibility by spreading brand awareness.
I have already stated, that if there are great backlinks being made, it is just an added benefit. This means that platforms work with the best publishers emphasize the quality of the content. Without great content, the platform is likely to turn down your order.
If they make such a request for you, you should take it positively. This ensures that they are engaging with 100% White Hat techniques. By following white hat strategies, you will never invite Google’s wrath. By being safe, you will only ensure the best for your brand.
If you do not know how to use guest blogging platforms, you stand to miss a lot. This is because guest blogging is a highly effective digital strategy for your brand. Not only does it lead to an increase in traffic, but it also helps you get quality backlinks from authority sites.
Several guest blogging platforms are helpful and help brands understand the basics. They also consult and advice first-time brands who are looking to explore the platform. By keeping an unbiased frame of mind, you will be able to make the most out of guest posting.
If you wish to know more about guest blogging platforms, feel free to reach out to me.